REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is the nation's largest, 最成功的, and most bipartisan 政治 action committee. Your voluntary investment is used to improve your bottom line in several ways: Through issues mobilization, 政治 宣传, and by directly supporting candidates at the local, 状态, and federal levels of government who champion the ideals and principles of REALTORS®. RPAC is your best investment in real e状态!
RPAC provides you with the opportunity to have a collective impact on the election of officials who will shape legislation that affects your livelihood and the way real e状态 professionals do business.
RPAC exists to give a voice to the policy interests of REALTORS® because where the voices of individuals can often be ignored, our cumulative voices provide the opportunity to inform our elected officials of the impact their legislative actions have 在我们的业务. It is important to get involved with RPAC as, 不管喜不喜欢, government and the 政治 process directly impacts the ability of real e状态 professionals to be profitable. RPAC is the largest, 最成功的 and most bipartisan 国家政治行动委员会. 作为房地产经纪人®, we have two choices: We can either be players in the 政治 process, 或者成为它的受害者. RPAC is how REALTORS® get and keep a seat at the table.
Where does your RPAC investment go?
Of every dollar you invest, 35% is utilized by Atlanta RPAC to support local candidates and issues in Metro Atlanta. 35% is utilized by Georgia RPAC in 状态 races and the remaining 30% is utilized by National RPAC to help elect a REALTOR®-friendly 国会.
How does your RPAC investment pay off?
Your RPAC investment pays off with every 政治 victory:
- Preserving the federal Mortgage Interest Deduction protects $8,800 in annual commission for the average REALTOR®.
- Raising the conforming mortgage loan limits increased the earnings of the average REALTOR® by $6,250.
- Blocking a 6% 状态 tax on real e状态 commissions saves the average member $2,300 per year.
- Preventing cities and counties from charging individual REALTORS® a business license fee saves you more than $200 in every jurisdiction in which you do business.
- Preserving the income tax deduction for property taxes protects $2,500 of annual income for the average REALTOR®.
- Keeping national banks out of the real e状态 brokerage and property management business saves the average REALTOR® $5,每年400.
- Protecting REALTORS® from prosecution for the unauthorized practice of law for advice regarding clients' contracts.
- Prohibiting local governments from charging property managers a rental registration fee.
- Defeating a proposal that would have imposed civil and criminal penalties on real e状态 agents if the clients failed to retrofit plumbing fixtures prior to the closing of a sale.
- Defeating a 100% increase in real e状态 transfer tax.
- Expanding REALTORS® banking options for client funds by eliminating the requirement that funds be held in a checking account.
主要投资者 水平 and 好处
Investing in RPAC allows us to determine the quality of our future in the industry. Below are the benefits of the four RPAC 主要投资者 levels.
|英镑兑美元gbp = R||$1,000||$1,000 + $2,000*|
|$2,000 + $2,000*|
Sustain: $1,000 + $2,000*
|$4,000 + $2,000*|
Sustain: $1,000 + $2,000*
|$10,000 + $2,000*|
维持:5000 + 2000美元*
*总统的圆 requires additional contributions totaling $2,000 to be made separately and directly to select RPAC-recommended candidates. 一旦注册, RPAC will provide information on recommended candidates and instructions on how to contribute.
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for 政治 purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS®, the Georgia Association of REALTORS®, the Atlanta REALTORS® Association, or the Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS® will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed. 70% of each contribution is used by GARPAC and ARPAC to support 状态 and local candidates. Until GARPAC reaches its RPAC goal, 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a; after GARPAC reaches its RPAC goal, it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting 状态 and local candidates.